Of the list, my top 5 favorites are, but in no particular order:
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
- If you Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
- Click, Clack, Moo, Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
What shouldn’t have made the list? Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister Sorry – it is one of my least favorite books! The illustrations are beautiful, and I know the message is meant to be positive, but it bothers me that Rainbow Fish only gave his fins away for, in my opinion, selfish reason.
Now, drum roll please ….. my top 5 picks that should have made the list but didn’t, but in no particular order. (Again, this is for books published in the last 25 years.)
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell
- No David by David Shannon
- Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
- Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
- Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner
If you haven’t read any of these, you need to check them out!