In a snapshot ……..
When playing with blocks, what is developing physically?
- Small and large motors
- Range of motion
- Eye–body coordination skills
- Visual – motor coordination skills
- Spatial awareness and balance
Why is this important?
- Helps develop the body and enables it to write!
- Strengthens the core muscles and equips it to sit at group time and in a chair!
- Enhances visual motor skills and the vestibular system to assist in the coordination of reading and writing!
Just some more great reasons to go play with blocks!